Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sleepytime Tea


This is what I'm drinking right now. Tea cleverly branded in such a way to make me believe it will help me fall asleep. Sleepytime tea. I'm totally willing to buy into it, even if it does have a picture of a bear with a cat sitting on its lap. That cat would be DEAD in real life. Then again, that bear wouldn't be wearing a nightgown and cap in real life, either, so maybe I shouldn't take it too seriously.

See? THIS is the reason why I can't fall asleep at night. I literally think about this kind of crap. Bears and the cats sitting in their laps haunt me at night.

I think this is a nice ritual, though. Tea doesn't usually do anything for me in the morning in terms of waking up, but caffeine-free tea just might do the trick to get me to sleep at night.

Justine and I watched the movie "Once" tonight, and I really enjoyed it. I've been wanting to see it for the past couple of years since I heard the song "Falling Slowly" that became popular as a result of the movie.


The entire soundtrack was done by Glen Hansard's band The Frames, who've been around since 1990, a fact I wasn't aware of. Hansard and then 19-year-old Marketa Irglova co-wrote the above Grammy-winning song and went on to form their own group, The Swell Season. Now THIS I did not know until I did a little research just now! I thought, "Hmm, The Swell Season. Sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if I know them."

Actually, they have a pretty successful song that I've heard many a time on trusty WTMD!


All of these things have made me very happy for the Internet, evil thing that it is. I've got to remember to buy The Swell Season's album.

Now, I'm all finished with my Sleepytime tea, but I don't want to go to sleep. I've made good progress over the past five days, all of which I've had off from class and babysitting. I've been figuring out my next (and final) steps toward reaching my goal of early graduation, and it looks like the pieces are falling into place. The more I think about December and how I'll be done with it all ridiculously soon, the more I fantasize about what to do next. Still not sure about that one.

Uh oh, looks like it's going to be another sleepless night. Might as well stay up and be useful somehow. Think I'll read a book that has nothing to do with school.

2 comments:

  1. I liked that soundtrack. I have the record if you want to borrow it. Do you have a player? Mine broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't, but John does. We started watching the movie late last night so he could see it, too, but we were too tired to finish it. I've heard clips of the other songs on the soundtrack, and they're quite good!

    ReplyDelete