Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Single Babies"


What is your first reaction when you watch this video? My reaction involved some major jaw-dropping action. The fact that CNN is paying attention to it indicates just how strongly people have reacted to the undoubtedly talented but also overly-sexualized six and 7-year-olds.

I mean, I can't dance like that. These girls must have been training since birth. But the fact that they're younger than my youngest sister (who is 8 1/2, and whom I can't imagine ever dancing like this-- shudder), is disturbing. Their talent clearly is the result of some inherent dancing gene, but likely also pushy stage parents. Do they not realize this is every pedo's dream? And, like the anchorwoman says, that the girls are wearing less clothing than Beyonce herself in the original music video? They look like 19th century western child prostitutes. Or 18-year-old college girls on Halloween. Whatever.

In my humble opinion, I think their true talents could have been showcased way differently while still eliciting jaw-dropping action from viewers. But, you know, in a good way. My advice? Less shock value. Also, fewer pelvic thrusts.

1 comment: