Sunday, July 18, 2010

Getting serious

I am really excited. I'm in a serious, committed relationship. With my blog. I've always taken my blog writing seriously (well, sometimes), but since my last post inspired me to use my networking skills, I've managed to take my blogging to the next level.

Last week, I discovered Twenty-Something Bloggers, which is a social networking site specifically for, well, twenty-something bloggers. It's a great community of intelligent and interesting young writers looking for blogs to read and people to read their blogs. Just in my first few days, I received tons of messages from people welcoming me to the site, linking me to their blogs, and some even complimenting mine. I especially like the people who obviously took the time to read some of my blog before plugging their own-- they've got a follower in me. There are discussion boards and tons of other places where you can find like-minded people and ways to keep your blog interesting.

Through 20sb, I found Bloggerstock, a growing group of bloggers who, once a month, guest blog for another random person while also hosting a fellow Bloggerstock member. That way, everyone gets to play host, and everyone gets to play guest, too. It's a neat concept with post topics changing every month. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out at the end of this month. Luckily for you, you'll be the first to know.

Besides that, I actually linked to my blog on Facebook. Go figure. No, I'm not dense, but up until now, I was slightly apprehensive about sharing this with every Facebook friend I have. Now, who knows what people from my past are reading this anonymously! But then I realized a) that's the point of blogging-- people reading it, and b) I'm not worth e-stalking. So, there you go.

Links to 20sb and Bloggerstock are now on the right-hand side of the page in case you want to get serious, too. I kind of feel like a dork for getting so excited about this, but then again, you never know where these kinds of things can lead you. I appreciate the new followers I've acquired over the past few days and hope I can keep you entertained!

Here's to settling down...

6 comments:

  1. Haha yes! 20sb is great. And I too just recently signed up for Bloggerstock. Still apprehensive about the FB sharing though. I mean I'll share my professional stuff, but my blog is just mostly for me to mouth off. Ugh, I just need to grow some balls and link it.

    Great blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you over at 20sb, and loove the blog :) I just joined a few months ago after blogging for a little over a year, and it's kind of exhilarating knowing you have people actually reading your stuff. I've never heard of Bloggerstock before though, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was literally SHAKING the first time I linked my blog to Facebook...haha. However, it's been a little rewarding as dorky as it is to say. I don't always have FB friends who comment online, but when I see many of them over dinner or coffee or whatever, I often hear them say in passing, "Oh, I LOVE your blog." Which has been sort of fun! Good luck and happy blogging! Be brave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found 20sb, because it helped me find your blog, which I have really enjoyed reading thus far! When I linked my blog to FB via NetworkedBlogs a few weeks ago, I was really apprehensive. My blog was pretty well received though, which was a HUGE relief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 20sb!! That's how I found your blog :) I absolutely LOVE it! can't wait to continue following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JESUS. I always wondered how people had so many readers!!!

    ReplyDelete