Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Return of the Bookworm

Summer semester started today. This made me realize that I need to make a trip back to school to sell last semester's books and buy the book for my Electronic Media & Film class. Please, let it not suck. I also got my last grade from spring semester today. Overview: Four As (with a couple of minuses) and one B (plus)! Yeah, I'll take that. Imagine my GPA if I DIDN'T procrastinate. 

Despite this accomplishment, I was feeling pretty unproductive the past couple of days, so I read my first novel in months. I finished Gayle Forman's If I Stay in one night. I picked it up around 11 P.M. and didn't put it down until I finished sometime after 2 A.M. It was such a beautiful book. Based on the inside cover's description of the story, I never would've guessed what it was actually about and how beautifully heartbreaking it is. (I won't ruin it here, either. Just buy it!) It's a best-seller and there is already a movie deal in the works. Just a warning-- tears will ensue.

Since my sense of worthlessness returned once finishing the book, I started Laurie Halse Anderson's Wintergirls this evening. Like the former book, it's pretty dark so far, but also very good. Let's see if I can finish it by 3 A.M.

1 comment:

  1. God! How do you read so quickly?!

    and Laurie Halse Anderson's website is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete